Job Description Summary : Our mission of providing care to the world at a moment's notice is at the heart of everything we do. We are caregivers, first and foremost and we will be there when you need us.
With more than 38,000 employees, Global Medical Response teams deliver compassionate, quality medical care, primarily in the areas of emergency and patient relocation services around the world. We provide end-to-end medical transportation as well as fire services, integrated healthcare solutions and disaster response.
The primary role of the Flight Sales Coordinator is to act as a vital communications link with our internal and external customers. The position utilizes knowledge pertaining to air and ground ambulances, medical personnel and the aviation industry to seamlessly coordinate domestic and international patient transfers. This postion location is Remote Nationwide.
• Determine most cost effective and efficient mode of air ambulance by calculating AirMed/AMGH resource location, available crew type, type of aircraft, patient condition, route of flight and timeline.
• Negotiate payment terms for transport, fuel costs for aircraft, determination of economical tech stops, best route of transportation (domestic/international) and ground ambulances.
• Leverage our assets by understanding both regional and international competition within the air ambulance industry.
• Data entry and management tasks from multiple sources. Participate in initial and ongoing education and training activities.
• Effective utilization of customer service knowledge and skills when interacting with customers, including a firm grasp of “salesmanship”. This would require a firm understanding of jargon and persuasive communication in order to secure the transport.
• Determine how our competition’s pricing/operational model will compete against us and strategize to maximize our profit margins managing a transport independently or partnering with known operators within the air ambulance industry when applicable.
• Develop and maintain relationships with repeat clients (i.e. assistance companies, insurance providers, hospital case managers, TPA’s) and creating a service environment that builds trust.
• Responsible for creating, distributing and managing new marketing materials and prepared trip quotations.
• Verify insurance or alternate forms of payment prior to accepting an air/ground transport.
Understand emergency procedures and action plan (PIAP) in the event of an incident or accident.
• Competency of all legal necessities (i.e. HIPPA, financial) and procure appropriate paperwork prior to transport for “warm handoff” to GOC/Clinical Coordination departments.
• Understanding of aviation restrictions, FAR Part 135 and FAR Part 91 regulations in order to accurately sell and promote services in a timely manner.
• It is the responsibility of every computer user to know and follow the AirMed/AMGH information security policies and procedures.
• Actively participate and contribute to the continuous quality improvement program, including but not limited to the morning huddle sessions, Tuesday Safety/Ops Meeting, etc.
• Adhere to all company policies and procedures.
• Other duties as assigned
• High School Diploma or Equivalent Experience
• 1-2 years air medical experience or related industry or bachelor’s degree
• Sales background preferred
• Professional attitude and appearance
• Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
• Professional phone manner and appearance
• Ability to adapt and respond appropriately to evolving work demands
• Knowledge of standard office equipment and basic computer skills
• Possess complex problem solving skills
• Detail and deadline driven
• Customer service driven
• Aviation knowledge preferred but not required | Job Description :
Global Medical Response and its family of companies are an Equal Opportunity Employer including Veterans and Disabled
The company offers benefit eligible employees medical, dental, and vision coverage
as well as Paid Time Off, disability plans, paid holidays, and a 401(k) retirement plan.
The salary range is $30,000-$55,000.00 plus an incentive plan.